Work With Me People!

Open Communication!


In the many years I have worked at my organization I've seen a number of new initiatives come and go.  Each time, the programs were presented as the next best thing – the “must do” that would take our organization to the next level. 

Why did today feel different?  I found myself asking this question as our senior executives were presenting the details our five-year strategic plan.

This time, the ideas were collaborative, organized and specific, with benchmarks in every area.  This was a plan that involves all of us - a plan for department leaders to discuss with the staff, rather than inform the staff of how it was going to be. 

The executive team had prepared tools to help us engage and solicit input from our staff.  They themselves were asking for feedback:  What can they do better? What suggestions do we have to improve communication?  Here’s where we are. Here’s where we need to be.

Open communication from the top down.  What an idea. …

Yet this concept is still so foreign to many organizations. As I listened, I couldn't help but remember a few years back when this wasn't the case in our organization. Open communication was not a priority then.
Thank goodness it is now... 

Now we all have an idea where we’re headed, and we can feel we’re part of the journey.

Refreshing, isn't it? 



Work With Me People! 


No comments: